Throughout the video, there is some serious shade thrown at each and every team, and the Jets are no different. Take a look at this still courtesy of NYJ Matt on Twitter and see how many references you can see.
I will say one thing, I give the Chargers 10/10 for their research
I’m sure I’m going to miss some references and there are obviously a few references to Italian food and food chains in here that aren’t really Jets related.
If I miss any, chuck them in the comments below:
- Missing Manish Mehta poster on the side of the Ice Cream truck. Obviously, Manish was a big character in the Jet’s world a few years ago, but after being let go by the NYDN, he’s largely drifted away into obscurity.
- The infamous TikTok video is also circled on the right-hand side. The less said about that the better.
- There is a single Cougars poster in the top right which is a nod to Zach Wilson and the story that surfaced following the breakup with his ex-girlfriend.
- There is an Aaron Rodgers poster that uses the Sam Darnold pose, it’s a reference to the new Jets QB turning 40 years old very soon.
- We have a New York Sack Exchange billboard which is just pretty cool to see.
- Next to that, we have a Geno Smith Comeback Player of the Year award, which is just a little dig at the Jet's former QB finding success elsewhere.
- There is a small dig at the New York Jets actually playing and practicing over in New Jersey but holding the NY name.
- We have a reference to Rex Ryan’s famous snack comment from Hard Knocks in the bottom left-hand corner.
- We also have a New York Knicks reference with the poster of Trae Young doing his ice-cold pose from the playoffs last season.
I love things like this, the care and attention to detail is exceptional and while it’s designed to make fun of the Jets, it’s also extremely well put together.