It’s time to look into my crystal ball and make some amazing predictions about the 2020 NFL Draft which will all come true. But if they don’t my account was hacked. The dog ate my homework. John B surreptitiously and unscrupulously, with malice aforethought, edited out the correct predictions. The Templars hid the truth. Something something Ancient Aliens. Or something.
- Despite frantically working the phones to try to trade down, the Jets will ultimately stay at pick #11 and select Henry Ruggs. Patriots fans will immediately get out their vaccuums. Wordsmiths will note vacuum is one of only 13 English words containing back to back letter u’s. Patriots fans will despair in the face of the mighty triskaidekaphobia.
- The Jets will select two offensive tackles in the draft.
- The Jets will not make eight selections in the draft. Could be more, could be less, but it will not be eight.
- The Jets will use one of their selections in the 2020 draft on a quarterback.
- The Jets will trade away a player during the draft. That player will not be Jamal Adams.
- The Jets will select a tight end on the third day of the 2020 draft. That tight end will be either Devin Asiasi of UCLA or Dalton Keene of Virginia Tech.
- The Jets will select a running back in the 2020 draft. That running back will be either Zack Moss of Utah or Darrynton Evans of Appalachian State.
- The Jets will not select a cornerback in the 2020 draft.
- The Jets will select a safety in the 2020 draft, but not until day three.
- The Jets will select an “offensive weapon” in the 2020 draft. That weapon will be either Antonio Gibson out of Memphis or Kirk Merritt out of Arkansas State.
- The Jets will acquire at least one pick from the 2021 NFL draft before the 2020 NFL draft is concluded.
Those are my predictions for the Jets 2020 draft. How about you? What are your predictions for the draft?