Well, the bar can’t get any lower. Even if the Jets lose by 30 points this week, it wouldn’t be as embarrassing as losing to the winless Dolphins. That means that there’s nowhere to go but up for the Jets, so let’s go bold!
Disclaimer: Bold Predictions are not realistic expectations for the game, but rather something that is unlikely to happen, yet possible. These predictions are both pro-Jets and stretch the boundaries of probability. Claiming that Sam Darnold throws a touchdown pass is not a Bold Prediction, nor is claiming that Sam Darnold throws 20 touchdown passes. These predictions must be within the bounds of possibility, but also highly improbable. As always, the final score prediction remains a realistic guess at the result of the game and does not relate to the Bold Predictions.
Here are my five bold predictions for today’s game:
- The Jets score on their first drive of both halves.
- The Giants turn the ball over at least 4 times.
- Four Jets catch a touchdown pass.
- No Giants player records over 50 yards from scrimmage.
- The Jets score on offense, defense, and special teams.
Final Score: Jets 13, Giants 24
And a bonus prediction: Leonard Williams gets a sack. It’s back!