The Jets aren’t exactly lighting the world on fire, but the return of Darnold gives us ample hope that they will at least strike a match going forward. With the team seeing the return of its starting quarterback, it’s time to get bold once more.
Disclaimer: Bold Predictions are not realistic expectations for the game, but rather something that is unlikely to happen, yet possible. These predictions are both pro-Jets and stretch the boundaries of probability. Claiming that Sam Darnold throws a touchdown pass is not a Bold Prediction, nor is claiming that Sam Darnold throws 20 touchdown passes. These predictions must be within the bounds of possibility, but also highly improbable. As always, the final score prediction remains a realistic guess at the result of the game and does not relate to the Bold Predictions.
Here are my five bold predictions for today’s game:
- Sam Darnold throws for more passing touchdowns than the Jets have this season thus far.
- Four Jets receivers go for at least 50 yards.
- The Jets double the Cowboys in rushing yards for the game.
- The Jets score on offense, defense, and special teams.
- The Cowboys fail to record a sack.
Final Score: Jets 17, Cowboys 34
And a bonus prediction: Three different Jets record a sack.