I’m happy to report that after last week, I have a perfect streak of predictions going in the same way that the Browns do since the start of last year. Yes, none of last week’s bold predictions panned out, including the bonus prediction and the game forecast (this may be record setting, but no applause is necessary on your part just yet.) Hopefully this week will be more conducive to wild optimism.
Disclaimer: A Bold Prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold Predictions are
blind guesses that are laughably optimistic beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be virtually impossible. Saying that Leonard Williams will get a sack is not a Bold Prediction, nor is saying that Bilal Powell will run for 650 yards. By definition, Bold Predictions are unlikely, but not impossible, to occur. Since this is a Jets site, they are also pro-Jets predictions. As always, the Final Score prediction is meant to be realistic, not a Bold Prediction.
Here are the Bold Predictions for this rare Thursday Night Jets appearance:
- The much maligned Jets offensive line doesn’t surrender a single sack and the Jets rush for over 150 yards.
- Sam Darnold has no turnovers despite throwing for over 300 yards once again.
- Robby Anderson finds some chemistry with Darnold, going off for over 100 yards and 2 TDs.
- Leonard Williams finally blows up the stat sheet, posting at least 2 sacks, a forced fumble, and 5 tackles.
- Three different Jets will force fumbles and one will be returned for a TD.
And a bonus prediction: There will be at least 200 million references to Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, and their draft status.
Final Score: The Jets manage to break 2 streaks by losing to the Browns 23-20 in overtime.