NFL cut down day is over. Now it’s time to form the 10 man practice squad. The Jets and other NFL teams will select 10 players each with practice squad eligibility from among the hundreds of players who passed unclaimed through waivers. We’ll be tracking all of the Jets practice squad signings below as they come in.
2018 New York Jets Practice Squad
- Brandon Bryant, Safety. Undrafted in the 2018 NFL supplemental draft, Bryant had a strong ending to the preseason. Could be a factor in the safety rotation by next year.
- Frankie Luvu, OLB. Undrafted free agent in the 2018 NFL draft class, Luvu was a surprise cut. Had a strong camp, at times running with the starters. Might be in the plans as a situational pass rusher of the future.
- Deontay Burnett, WR. Undrafted free agent in the 2018 NFL draft class, Burnett had a very strong preseason with the Tennessee Titans, catching all eleven passes he was targeted on. Former USC teammate of Sam Darnold.
- De’Angelo Henderson, RB. A poor man’s Maurice Jones-Drew, and a personal favorite of mine, Henderson is a height challenged running back and a sixth round choice of the Broncos in the 2017 NFL draft. Henderson could challenge for playing time soon.
- Anthony Wint, ILB. Undrafted free agent from the 2018 NFL draft class. A smallish inside linebacker without much in the way of cover skills. Difficult to see this guy developing into a meaningful contributor. Perhaps could be useful on special teams.
- Jeremy Clark, CB. A giant cornerback bigger than any safety on the roster, nearly big enough to be a linebacker. Drafted by the Jets in the sixth round of the 2017 NFL draft, Clark spent most of the 2017 season on the sidelines injured.
- Nico Falah, OL. Undrafted free agent from the 2018 NFL draft class. An undersized center/guard and another USC teammate of Sam Darnold. Falah spent time in the Tennessee Titans camp this preseason.
- John Wolford, QB. Undrafted free agent from the 2018 NFL draft class. Got some playing time in the fourth preseason game, and also attended Jets rookie minicamp. This one is a puzzler. Wolford showed nothing in the preseason game, was not highly regarded coming out of college, and in my opinion there were a number of significantly better QBs that cleared waivers.
- Dieugot Joseph, OT. Undrafted free agent from the 2017 NFL draft class. Joseph is a bit undersized, raw, athletic, long armed left tackle project. Originally signed by the Chicago bears, he also spent some time with the Baltimore Ravens and the Minnesota Vikings. A lottery ticket with some raw athletic tools to try to develop into an NFL left tackle.
- Bronson Kaufusi, DL. A third round pick by the Baltimore Ravens from the 2016 NFL draft class. A bit of a tweener in the Jets defense at 6’ 6”, 275 pounds. Missed the entire 2016 season with a broken ankle. Played three games for the Ravens in 2017.
One thing that will never be relegated to a practice squad is the incredible Great American Twitter Widget. You can follow all the Jets related tweets throughout the day below.