The Jets look to build on their strong start against Miami today, and that means it’s time for some bold predictions. The Jets managed to make bold predictions reasonable last week while breaking several team droughts. Could it happen again? I don’t know, but I can’t wait to find out as I make
blind guesses about it.
Disclaimer: A Bold Prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold Predictions are
blind guesses that are laughably optimistic beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be virtually impossible. Saying that Leonard Williams will get a sack is not a Bold Prediction, nor is saying that Bilal Powell will run for 650 yards. By definition, Bold Predictions are unlikely, but not impossible, to occur. Since this is a Jets site, they are also pro-Jets predictions. As always, the Final Score prediction is meant to be realistic, not a Bold Prediction.
- The Jets defense doesn’t miss a beat in week 2, causing 4 turnovers and returning another for a touchdown.
- Sam Darnold throws for over 200 yards and 2 TDs in the first half.
- The Jets outgain the Dolphins on the ground by over 100 yards.
- Ryan Tannehill is sacked at least 5 times, including a strip sack.
- At least 2 Jets rush for 50 yards and a TD each.
And a bonus prediction: Darron Lee keeps his momentum going with a sack, a forced fumble, and the team lead in tackles.
Final Score: The Jets open strong at home, winning 24-17 in a game that was never as close as the final score implies.