Week 3 of scintillating preseason football and it’s time for some more Bold Predictions. This week is actually somewhat interesting football, as we’ll get to see extended playing time from the probable starters. Disclaimer: A Bold Prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold Predictions are
blind guesses that are laughably optimistic beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be virtually impossible. Saying that Leonard Williams will get a sack is not a Bold Prediction, nor is saying that Bilal Powell will run for 650 yards. By definition, Bold Predictions are unlikely, but not impossible, to occur. Since this is a Jets site, they are also pro-Jets predictions. As always, the Final Score prediction is meant to be realistic, not a Bold Prediction.
Let’s take a look at how we did last week.
Ummm ... on second thought, let’s not. In fact, last week never happened. Bold predictions? What bold predictions? I don’t remember any bold predictions. And we shall never speak of this again.
Here are my five Bold Predictions for tonight’s game:
1. Brandon Copeland will stake his claim to a big role on the edge, with 1.5 sacks and a defensive turnover.
2. The Jets will limit the Giants first team offense to a passer rating below 60 and zero points while the first teamers are in the game.
3. Teddy Bridgewater will continue to do his best to stir up a quarterback controversy, throwing a pair of touchdown passes.
4. Marcus Maye will celebrate his return with an interception and a long return of 40+ yards.
5. Chris Herndon and Neal Sterling will combine for 100+ receiving yards and a touchdown.
And a bonus prediction: Darron Lee will not look lost and will do something, anything, to justify his continued starting role in the Jets defense.
Final Score: Jets get back on the winning side of things in the games where winning doesn’t count, dominating their crosstown rivals on both sides of the ball. Jets 26, Giants 13.