Attention all draftniks. Shortly we will be conducting the 2018 Gang Green Nation community mock draft, and we want all of you fine people to take part... well at least as many of you fine people as this exercise will allow. This is the sign up thread. The mock draft will commence on THURSDAY, MARCH 22, AT 7:00 PM, meaning whoever picks the CLEVELAND BROWNS will be on the clock. The rules for the mock draft are as follows:
- Michael Nania (Yonkers) takes the Jets. Part of the purpose of this is to study and know a different team around the league. Everyone knows the Jets needs, what they have, what young guys are good or stink, etc. Learn that for another team.
- You will have 24 hours from the previous selection to make your selection. If you do not pick within those 24 hours, the next team is on the clock. If you do blow the deadline, you may send in your pick at any time (like the real draft). If 5 picks pass before you are able to make a pick, then Smackdad will make your pick for you, and you will be replaced by the first available volunteer for any other picks you may hold in the draft. If you expect to miss your selection and wish to make your pick anyway, you may e-mail Smackdad at firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of up to five selections in order of your preference, and I will pick from your list, provided any are still available at the time your selection comes up. Long story short: This is a long term commitment. You will be expected to be aware of when your picks come up through more than five weeks. If you are not the type of GGN member that checks in daily please don’t sign up. If you aren’t sure whether you can make the commitment please don’t sign up. Let those who can see this through have a go at it.
- Trades are allowed. You can trade current year picks, 2019 picks, and players. You cannot trade picks beyond next year, so no dealing your 2020 second round pick to move back into the first round. A fan post will be set up for all trade chatter to occur. If both parties agree to a trade, both parties should email the details to Smackdad at email@example.com. If a trade is absolutely ludicrous, it will be vetoed. Also be mindful of how the trading of a player affects the cap. We’re not asking that anyone be an expert capologist, but at least know the ramifications of the move, and if it is not cap compliant for your team’s cap it will be rejected.
- We will initially aim for a three round draft, which is only achievable if everyone makes an effort to keep up and move this thing along. If by some miracle the third round is finished prior to the start of the real 2018 NFL draft we will consider starting a fourth round.
- Sign ups are first come, first serve. If you know that you do not regularly come here and will likely miss your selection, PLEASE, PLEASE don’t sign up. We can only keep things running quickly and smoothly if you are committed to sticking around and making your picks in a timely manner
Here is the draft order for round 1:
1. Cleveland (MachlinT)
2. New York Giants (bleedsgreen4life)
3. New York Jets (Michael Nania)
4. Cleveland (MachlinT)
5. Denver (I Love Bacon)
6. Indianapolis (Njb45)
7. Tampa Bay (Whiskey Slick)
8. Chicago (Scandalous Jack)
9. San Francisco (Ponti)
10. Oakland (Feast for Cro(martie)s)
11. Miami (riverside the great)
12. Buffalo (Single73)
13. Washington (PerpetualDisappointment)
14. Green Bay (Traveling Man)
15. Arizona (jaylenbrownAND1)
16. Baltimore (Wombat2333)
17. Los Angeles Chargers (rexthejet)
18. Seattle (adam.sigma)
19. Dallas (jetstothesb)
20. Detroit (SioneBaaaoooha)
21. Cincinnati (FitzTrajic)
22. Buffalo (Single73)
23. Los Angeles Rams (shiff71)
24. Carolina (GenoTime7)
25. Tennessee (7 to Shea)
26. Atlanta (macr17tucci)
27. New Orleans (Fly like a jet)
28. Pittsburgh (newman104)
29. Jacksonville (Gillym1986)
30. Minnesota (Coffee91)
31. New England (CTDLC)
32. Philadelphia (Beavis & Buttfumble)
Sign up in the comments by claiming a team not already taken and let’s make this a fun thing for everyone.