This is a game in which everything is stacked against the Jets. The Patriots are fighting for a playoff bye and homefield advantage after sneaking back into the two seed last week. The Jets, on the other hand, have nothing to play for and significantly less talent heading into a stadium in which their opponent is undefeated this year. While the Jets could play spoiler this week, the cards are clearly stacked against them.
Disclaimer: A Bold Prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold Predictions are
blind guesses that are laughably optimistic beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be virtually impossible. Saying that Leonard Williams will get a sack is not a Bold Prediction, nor is saying that Bilal Powell will run for 650 yards. By definition, Bold Predictions are unlikely, but not impossible, to occur. Since this is a Jets site, they are also pro-Jets predictions. As always, the Final Score prediction is meant to be realistic, not a Bold Prediction.
Here are my five bold predictions for tomorrow’s game:
- With Gordon gone, no Patriots receiver breaks 50 yards.
- Sam Darnold posts a higher passer rating than Tom Brady.
- The Jets offensive line doesn’t surrender a sack and the Jets rush for over 200 yards.
- The Jets don’t turn the ball over, but force at least two turnovers.
- The Jets commit fewer than 5 penalties.
And a bonus prediction: The Jets miss the playoffs in a surprise twist.
Final Score: I don’t know why, but I’m feeling optimistic about this one. Jets win 28-24.