Welcome back to the weekly Bold Predictions, 2017 edition. Disclaimer: A Bold Prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold Predictions are
blind guesses that are laughably optimistic beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be virtually impossible. Saying that Leonard Williams will get a sack is not a Bold Prediction, nor is saying that Bilal Powell will run for 650 yards. By definition, Bold Predictions are unlikely, but not impossible, to occur. Since this is a Jets site, they are also pro-Jets predictions. As always, the Final Score prediction is meant to be realistic, not a Bold Prediction.
In a shocking twist, I hit on only two of my bold predictions last week. Now I'm ready to promote my precognitive prowess for week 4:
- The Jets defense will cause 4 turnovers.
- Leonard Williams will record a sack, TFL, pass defense, and a forced fumble.
- The Jaguars defense will cause 0 Jet turnovers and allow over 400 yards.
- Blake Bortles will be sacked at least 5 times.
- A Jet TE, WR, and RB will all catch a touchdown from McCown.
Bonus Prediction: Blake Bortles will get benched after throwing a pick to a Jets defensive lineman.
Final Score: Jets 24, Jaguars 20.