Welcome back to the weekly Bold Predictions, 2017 edition. Disclaimer: A Bold Prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold Predictions are
blind guesses that are laughably optimistic beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be virtually impossible. Saying that Leonard Williams will get a sack is not a Bold Prediction, nor is saying that Bilal Powell will run for 650 yards. By definition, Bold Predictions are unlikely, but not impossible, to occur. Since this is a Jets site, they are also pro-Jets predictions. As always, the Final Score prediction is meant to be realistic, not a Bold Prediction.
Let’s get right into it:
- Robby Anderson ends the game as the leader in receiving yards.
- The Jets defensive linemen, linebackers, corners, and safeties all record a pass defense.
- The Jets defense holds the explosive Raiders' offense to under 300 total yards.
- The Jets special teams score a TD.
- The Jets recover their own fumble on offense for a touchdown.
Bonus Prediction: Demario Davis recovers a third down fumble, attempts to return it, and fumbles it back to the Raiders for a new set of downs.