Welcome back to the weekly Bold Predictions, 2017 edition. Disclaimer: A Bold Prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold Predictions are
blind guesses that are laughably optimistic beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be virtually impossible. Saying that Leonard Williams will get a sack is not a Bold Prediction, nor is saying that Bilal Powell will run for 650 yards. By definition, Bold Predictions are unlikely, but not impossible, to occur. Since this is a Jets site, they are also pro-Jets predictions. As always, the Final Score prediction is meant to be realistic, not a Bold Prediction.
2017 brings us a Jets team seemingly set up to fail and a brand new opportunity for me to get things wrong.
Here are my five Bold Predictions for today’s game:
1. The Jets will double the Bills in rushing yards.
2. The Jets will double the Bills in passing yards.
3. Bilal Powell will once again inexplicably play second fiddle to Matt Forte, yet he will outproduce Forte and rack up 125+ yards from scrimmage.
4. The Jets will not give up more than one sack.
5. Robby Anderson will torch the Bills secondary for 100+ yards and two TDs.
And a bonus prediction: Muhammad Wilkerson will at some point in the game do something to make you take notice and say to yourself "oh yeah, THAT's what he used to play like before he got paid."
Final Score: Jets open the season with a bang. Jets 21, Bills 17.