Wilson is a big tough corner out of Florida with incredible confidence, and the ball skills to make some plays at the next level. More suited to playing in a press man system than a zone, Wilson will likely get attention between selections 30-60 in this months NFL draft.
Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Hands: 9 5/8"
Arms: 32 1/4"
3 Cone: 6.86
20 Yard: 4.02
40 Yard Dash: 4.54
2014: 22 Tackles, 1 TFL. 1 INT, 3 PD, 1 FF
2015: 26 Tackles, 2 INT, 5 PD
2016: 33 Tackles, 3.5 TFL, 1 Sack, 3 INT, 6 PD
- Excellent size for the position
- Shows good toughness & physicality
- Got a ton of confidence
- Played press, off & zone, and did well in all.
- Uses his hands well to direct receivers off the line.
- Excellent tracker of the ball when it's in the air
- Very good anticipation, good breaks on the ball.
- Good hands, shows an ability to make a play on the ball.
- Gets his head around in coverage to avoid needless flags.
- Only average deep speed.
- Not as fluid past 15 yards, doesn't flip his hips naturally.
- Backpedal is very choppy and sloppy.
- Change of direction is bang average, can get caught on double moves.
Draft Grade - 2nd
Some have mentioned Wilson as a first day prospect, but I think his name will be called in the 2nd. He has the size, length, strength and attitude to be a first day prospect, but his stiffness and average change of direction ability will keep him out of there IMO. I still have a lot of time for Quincy, he's much better suited to playing a lot of press man coverage on the outside than playing in a zone or in the slot, I doubt he ever becomes a true number one guy in the NFL (although he certainly has the attitude and desire to get there), but I think he'll be an excellent and reliable number 2 corner for a number of years.
Wilson on Wilson
"I see myself as the best really; I feel that me and Jalen (Tabor) are the two best right now. As of just playmaking ability and just going out there each and every week and making plays. I’m fast, I’m big, some people think I can’t move because I’m big but there no receiver that has ever run pass me so I feel like I’m the best. I know I’m the best" - On where he sees himself in this class.