Attention all draftniks. Shortly we will be conducting the 2017 Gang Green Nation community mock draft, and we want all of you fine people to take part... well at least as many of you fine people as this exercise will allow. This is the sign up thread and the mock will commence on TUESDAY, APRIL 4, AT 7:00 PM, meaning whoever picks the CLEVELAND BROWNS will be on the clock. The rules for the mock draft are as follows:
1. No one is the Jets. I'm the Jets. Part of the purpose of this is to study and know a different team around the league. Everyone knows the Jets needs, what they have, what young guys are good or stink, etc. Learn that for another team.
2. You will have 24 hours from the previous selection to make your selection. If you do not pick within those 24 hours, the next team is on the clock. If you do blow the deadline, you may send in your pick at any time (like the real draft). If 5 picks pass before you are able to make a pick, then GGN staff will make your pick for you, and you will be replaced by the first available volunteer for any other picks you may hold in the draft. If you expect to miss your selection and wish to make your pick anyway, you may e-mail me at email@example.com with a list of up to five selections in order of your preference, and I will pick from your list, provided any are still available at the time your selection comes up. Long story short: please don't sign up unless you will be able to at least have a cursory glance at GGN on a daily basis.
3. Trades are allowed. You can trade current year picks, next year's picks, and players. You cannot trade picks beyond next year, so no dealing your 2020 second round pick to move back into the first round. A fan post will be set up for all trade chatter to occur. If both parties agree to a trade, email the details to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a trade is absolutely ludicrous, it will be vetoed. Also be mindful of how the trading of a player affects the cap. I'm not asking that anyone be an expert capologist, but at least know the ramifications of the move, and if it is not cap compliant for your team's cap it will be rejected.
4. No releasing players. You can't go "well, I really want to take Pat Mahomes, so I'm just going to cut Carson Palmer" or anything like that. You can trade a player, but again it has to make sense and be a realistic haul.
5. We will initially aim for a two round draft, which is only achievable if everyone makes an effort to keep up and move this thing along. If by some miracle the second round is finished prior to the start of the real 2017 NFL draft we will consider starting a third round.
6. Sign ups are first come, first serve. If you know that you do not regularly come here and will likely miss your selection, however, I ask that you don't sign up. We can only keep things running quickly and smoothly if you are comitted to sticking around and making your picks in a timely manner
Here is the draft order for round 1:
1. Cleveland (FitzTrajic)
2. San Francisco (riverside the great)
3. Chicago (Scandalous Jack)
4. Jacksonville (GangGreeninYonkers)
5. Tennessee (Feast for Cro(martie)s)
6. New York Jets (Smackdad)
7. Los Angeles Chargers (Nologojoe)
8. Carolina (King P)
9. Cincinnati (SioneBaaaoooha)
10. Buffalo (Rampantjet22)
11. New Orleans (Chreblecko)
12. Cleveland (FitzTrajic)
13. Arizona (Jeremy J. Jackson)
14. Philadelphia (Gotham Vibe)
15. Indianapolis (BleedGreen2001)
16. Baltimore (Pc1167)
17. Washington (Seinfeld1027)
18. Tennessee (Feast for Cro(martie)s)
19. Tampa Bay (Big Mo's Wilkshake)
20. Denver (mgc18)
21. Detroit (Exystence)
22. Miami (mcguirkj)
23. New York Giants (shiff71)
24. Oakland (Zygmunt)
25. Houston (jaylenbrownAND1)
26. Seattle (Hack-the-Franchise)
27. Kansas City (DisgruntledJetsFan)
28. Dallas (ms11)
29. Green Bay (Middlesex)
30. Pittsburgh (ProfScorpio)
31. Atlanta (Njb45)
32. New Orleans (Chreblecko)
Teams without a first round selection: New England (westcoastjet), Los Angeles Rams (McDanglez), Minnesota (Coffee91)
Teams without a second round selection: New England (westcoastjet), Tennessee (Feast for Cro(martie)s)
Sign up and let's make this a fun thing for everyone.