Pascal is a good receiver in a draft packed full of good receivers. However his ability to contribute in the return game may get him drafted a little higher than some expect in 2017.
Pascal was the first Old Dominion player to ever receive an invite to the NFL Combine, and he did his school proud with a clean workout. Yesterday Old Dominion held their pro day and the Jets were one of the teams in attendance. According to multiple people present at the pro day, the Jets hung back and talked with Pascal once the workouts had finished.
It's worth noting that Pascal improved on his 40 time from the combine, running a 4.48 today.
I've only managed to see three of Pascal's games, so this is based on what I saw in those games, but you do come away quite impressed with his size and ability to pluck the ball out of the air. So lets get right into it.
Hometown: Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Bench: 14 Reps
3 Cone: 7.11
20 Yard: 4.29
2013: 41 REC, 534 Yards, 13.2 AVG, 6 TD
2014: 59 REC, 743 Yards, 12.6 AVG, 7 TD
2015: 69 REC, 975 Yards, 14.1 AVG, 8 TD
2016: 65 REC, 946 Yards, 14.6 AVG, 9 TD
- Good college production considering limitations at QB.
- Good hands catcher, who plucks the ball out of the air.
- Works well in traffic, doesn't mind going over the middle.
- Excellent body control on all routes.
- Receiver, Rusher and Returner.
- Worked out wide and from the slot.
- Very willing to block for teammates downfield.
- Uses his body well on shallow crossing routes and quick slants.
- Showcased a good double-move at times in college.
- Is a long strider that takes a while to get up to full speed.
- Can have his route disrupted by press coverage.
- Doesn't sink into his cuts, sometimes rounds them out.
- Faced a low-level of competition
Draft Grade - 6th
Pascal lacks a little of that explosion you'd want to see in a kick returner, but he does have good size and his ability to pluck the ball out of the air and showcase some good body control will likely get him drafted late. His production was good, but with a better QB it would have been better. Pascal is a hard worker who needs a little work on his routes, but he's the kind of guy that will land on an NFL roster and work to develop into a sure handed pass catcher. He's definitely one to watch in the later rounds.
Pascal on Pascal
"I want to show people that [Prince George's] County definitely has talent, that I've got a lot of talent," Paschal said. "I've been doubted my whole life, so it's just another step where I have to prove doubters wrong and show that a lot of talent can come from PG county."