Hometown: New Orleans, Louisiana
High School: St Augustin, New Orleans
Recruitment: 5 Star
2015 Consensus First-Team All-America (AP, FWAA, Walter Camp)
2015 SEC Men's Sportsmanship Award Recipient
2015 All-SEC First Team (Coaches, AP)
2015 Doak Walker Finalist
2014 All-SEC Freshman Team
Projected 40 Time: 4.45
2016 - 129 carries, 843 yards, 8 TD's, 15 receptions, 146 yards,
2015 - 300 carries, 1953 yards, 22 TD's, 19 receptions, 253 yards, 1 TD
2014 - 187 carries, 1034 yards, 10 TD's, 7 receptions, 127 yards.
- Incredibly productive player.
- Has been elite at every stage of his career
- Is a bulldozer, takes several tacklers to bring him down.
- Incredible open field speed for his size.
- Has a nose for the endzone
- Perfect size and speed combination.
- Has excellent acceleration and gets up to stop speed quickly.
- Incredibly physical.
- Lowers his pads on anyone and everyone
- Plays with good balance, quick feet for a big man.
- Good hands.
- Power guy who's perfect in short yardage and goal line situations.
- Has a big boy stiff arm that will gain extra yards
- Ankle injury is a concern and something to watch.
- Needs some work in pass protection.
- Routes could be a little cleaner
- Can be over aggressive, he doesn't have a Le'Veon Bell patience to his game.
Honestly, I'm pretty sick and tired of hearing people pick Fournette apart, the guy is a class act and he's one of the most physically gifted athletes I've ever seen. He has that very rare combination of pure power, speed, strength and size. He's an absolute nightmare to bring down and no safety or even linebacker will want to meet him in the hole. The ankle injury is a concern as his physical style of play will lead him to several niggling injuries, but there is no doubting that he plays big boy football. One thing that people don't mention often is the lack of talent at LSU on the offensive line, he didn't get much help and he still produced. He gives you an identity immediately and put him with a half decent line and he'll excel...put him with a good line and he's an all-pro straight out the gates.
Draft Round Prediction: Round 1 - Probably Top 10