Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio
High School: Glenville High, Cleveland
Recruitment: 4 Star
2016 First Team All Big-Ten
Projected 40 Time: 4.44
2016 - 41 tackles, 1 tackle for a loss, 4 interceptions, 9 passes defensed
2015 - 4 tackles, 2 tackles defensed.
- Tremendous athlete
- Plays with excellent balance and leverage
- Confident playing press coverage
- Perfect for Todd Bowles system
- Shows fluid hips when turning and running
- Good tackler, and shows a willingness to sacrifice his body.
- Exceptional closing speed
- Very good deep speed as well
- Shows an ability to shadow and mirror receivers
- Fights through receiver blocks in the run game.
- Top class instincts and football IQ
- Shows good hands in 2016 with 4 interceptions.
- Very active hands to put a barrier between QB and WR, showed in PD's.
- Like Hooker, he only has one year of starting experience
- Penalty risk as he rarely gets his head around.
- Press advantage is reduced when facing bigger, more physical receivers
- Inconsistent with bumping the inside release.
There is a reason why so many mock drafts have him going to the Jets at number 6. He's an incredible athlete with shutdown potential and top-notch speed. He is perfect for Todd Bowles preferred man coverage press scheme and he's as competitive as they come. He's also an excellent tackler for a corner and consistently wraps up the ball carrier, you won't see many Antonio Cromartie tackles from Lattimore. Everything I've seen leads me to believe he's a future pro bowler with huge potential, but one year starters worry me. That's just me being honest, I don't like evaluating prospects with only one years worth of tape, you can end up looking pretty silly. Saying that, the Jets don't have a lot of talent at the corner position and Lattimore (on the face of it) would fix that immediately.
Draft Round Prediction: Round 1 - Probably Top 10