Welcome back to the weekly Bold Predictions, 2017 edition. Disclaimer: A Bold Prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold Predictions are
blind guesses that are laughably optimistic beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be virtually impossible. Saying that Leonard Williams will get a sack is not a Bold Prediction, nor is saying that Bilal Powell will run for 650 yards. By definition, Bold Predictions are unlikely, but not impossible, to occur. Since this is a Jets site, they are also pro-Jets predictions. As always, the Final Score prediction is meant to be realistic, not a Bold Prediction.
The Jets have their all important game against no one this week, and that brings us to to our weekly Bold Predictions.
Here are my five Bold Predictions for the game:
1. The Jets will hold their opponent to under 100 yards of total offense.
2. The Jets will lead the league in turnovers lost.
3. The Jets offensive line will give up no sacks.
4. The Jets will be in the top 32 in the league in offense.
5. Deep Maye will not even be targeted this week.
And a bonus prediction: Josh McCown’s performance will come under extreme scrutiny as calls for Bryce Petty increase.