Welcome back to the weekly Bold Predictions, 2017 edition. Disclaimer: A Bold Prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold Predictions are
blind guesses that are laughably optimistic beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be virtually impossible. Saying that Leonard Williams will get a sack is not a Bold Prediction, nor is saying that Bilal Powell will run for 650 yards. By definition, Bold Predictions are unlikely, but not impossible, to occur. Since this is a Jets site, they are also pro-Jets predictions. As always, the Final Score prediction is meant to be realistic, not a Bold Prediction.
The Jets are back up against the Dolphins for round 2.
Here are my five Bold Predictions for today’s game:
1. The Jets outscore the Dolphins in the second half by at least 20 points.
2. Robby Anderson catches two passes of 50 or more yards.
3. Both Jets rookie safeties intercept Cutler.
4. Wilkerson, Williams, and Ealy all record their first sack of the season.
5. The Jets have a special teams touchdown.
Bonus Prediction: The refs only overturn 7 Jets touchdowns.
Final Score: Jets sweep the Dolphins. Jets 38, Dolphins 19.