Welcome back to the weekly Bold Predictions, 2017 edition. Disclaimer: A Bold Prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold Predictions are
blind guesses that are laughably optimistic beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be virtually impossible. Saying that Leonard Williams will get a sack is not a Bold Prediction, nor is saying that Bilal Powell will run for 650 yards. By definition, Bold Predictions are unlikely, but not impossible, to occur. Since this is a Jets site, they are also pro-Jets predictions. As always, the Final Score prediction is meant to be realistic, not a Bold Prediction.
Here’s one more opportunity to get everything not right:
Here are my five Bold Predictions for today’s game:
1. The Jets outgain the Patriots by 200+ yards.
2. Elijah McGuire outgains the Patriots offense in the first half.
3. The Jets defensive line, linebackers, corners, and safeties all record a sack.
4. Josh McCown ends the game with a higher passer rating than Tom Brady.
5. The Jets record an INT, fumble recovery, and recover a muffed punt.
Bonus Prediction: Kony Ealy records a sack and Patriots fans lament cutting him so quickly.
Final Score: Jets take the AFC East. Jets 28, Patriots 17.