Hometown: Yakima, Washington
High School: Davis High School, Yakima
Recruitment: Not Ranked, limited recruitment.
- College football all-division career leader in receiving yards (6,464)
- NCAA FCS career leader in receiving touchdowns (73) and receptions (428)
- Walter Payton Award (2015)
- STATS FCS Offensive Player of the Year (2015)
- Jerry Rice Award (2013)
- 2x Big Sky Conference Offensive Player of the Year (2015-16)
- Big Sky Conference Freshman of the Year (2013)
- 2x College Football Performance Awards FCS Wide Receiver Award (2013, 2015)
- 4x First-team FCS All-American (AFCA, AP, STATS) (2013–16)
- 3x First-team FCS All-American (WCFF) (2013, 15–16)
- 4x First-team All-Big Sky Conference Wide Receiver (2013–16)
Projected 40 Time: 4.54
- Extremely productive in college
- Had big games against better competition (Washington State)
- Football pedigree through his family.
- Good competitive edge on every single play.
- Plucks the ball away from his body.
- Can win on every single level.
- Plays press coverage very well
- Excellent hands, makes difficult catches look easy
- Knows how to use his body and post up corners.
- Cuts well, able to create separation with sharp moves.
- Knows how to use fakes and jukes to disguise routes
- Doesn’t have elite acceleration
- Played a lot of his college career against inferior opponents
- Mostly played in the slot, may be limited at the next level.
- Needs to just clean up his route running in general.
- Can take a little time to get up to full speed
Senior Bowl week is well underway and Cooper Kupp is already impressing scouts and analysts with his ability on the field. He has been elite, every single year at Eastern Washington, and with production like that, I’m not putting that all down to competition faced. When he has come up against good corners, he’s performed extremely well. He catches the ball away from his body and he catches pretty much everything thrown at him. He’s an intelligent football player with a ton of commitment and competitiveness. He may not be a star from day one, but I think he could be special in the right system. I want competitive talented players on this roster, Kupp fits the bill to perfection.
Draft Round Prediction: 2nd round. I think with a strong senior bowl, an impressive combine and a positive interview process, a team could even take him at the back end of the 1st round.