Here is what Todd Bowles had to say after tonight's preseason loss to the Giants at MetLife Stadium
Some key points:
- Bowles felt the starting defense developed some chemistry in the first half.
- Brandon Marshall missed tonight's game because of a sore hip. He could have played if it was a regular season game.
- Geno Smith got such limited work because the team wanted to get Christian Hackenberg into the game.
- There is not much news about David Harris. He has an injured shoulder and will undergo tests tomorrow.
- Bowles was happy Matt Forte could get used to taking hits.
- He called Hackenberg's performance up and down.
- The turnovers from the quarterbacks made him unhappy.
- The team still has a long way to be where it wants to be on Opening Day.
- He knows which quarterback will start the preseason finale against the Eagles but will not reveal it yet.
- Juston Burris playing with the first team wasn't necessarily indicative of a promotion. The coaching staff wanted to test him against top receivers, which it couldn't do playing him in the second half of these preseason games.