We are less than one week out from the 2016 NFL Draft. Who do the latest round of mock drafts have the Jets selecting?
20. Jets: Leonard Floyd, LB, Georgia
The guy the Bills should’ve picked ends up in New York and figures to contribute immediately in place of Trevor Reilly. The Jets would consider Florida safety Keanu Neal at 20.
8. New York Jets (Trade with CLE)
Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis: There's been too much smoke around the Jets trying to trade up for a quarterback for there not to be a least a little bit of fire. They've been connected to Lynch throughout the process, and though this is high to take him, it wouldn't surprise me to see them come up and snatch him. Cleveland, meanwhile, would welcome a trade down for even more draft picks.
20. New York Jets – Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis: Given the trades at the top of the board, don't be surprised if another deal goes down for a quarterback-deprived team that falls in love with Lynch. One team that may try to pull off such a move would be ... the Jets, who would currently be forced to choose between Geno Smith or Bryce Petty as their starting quarterback in 2016.
20. N.Y. Jets (10-6) – Noah Spence, OLB, Eastern Kentucky, Jr.
It's a scary thought picturing Spence in Todd Bowles' defensive scheme.
51. N.Y. Jets – Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn, Jr.
83. N.Y. Jets – Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio St., Sr.
118. N.Y. Jets - Scooby Wright III, ILB, Arizona, Jr.
235. N.Y. Jets from Los Angeles - Joel Heath, DT, Michigan St., Sr.
241. N.Y. Jets - Terrance Smith, OLB, Florida St., Sr.
20. New York Jets: Shaq Lawson (OLB Clemson)—Here, Rex Ryan’s old team helps solve the LB mess he left them in as well. Lawson isn’t the pure rusher that Floyd is one spot above, but the Jets end up with a potentially better overall player. He’s great taking on edge blockers and while he won’t put up gaudy numbers, he’ll make the Jets defense a lot better for everyone else around him.