Who do some recent mock drafts have the Jets selecting? Let's take a look.
20. New York Jets
Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia: At some point, the Jets need to give Todd Bowles the weapons to rush the passer without sending extra rushers from all over the field. It's nice to have that option in your arsenal, but it shouldn't be a necessity.
20. N.Y. Jets (10-6) – Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana, Sr.
This combine warrior proved his elite athleticism in Indy and has proven durable as a four-year starter for the Hoosiers.
51. N.Y. Jets – Joshua Perry, OLB, Ohio St., Sr.
83. N.Y. Jets – Javon Hargrave, DT, South Carolina St., Sr.
118. N.Y. Jets - Sheldon Day, DT, Notre Dame, Sr.
157. N.Y. Jets - Denver Kirkland, OG, Arkansas, Jr.
20-New York Jets: CB Mackensie Alexander, Clemson – Todd Bowles has always had strong secondaries, and Alexander is one of the best cover corners around
20. NEW YORK JETS – LEONARD FLOYD, OLB GEORGIA
The Jets best pass rushers are their interior defensive linemen and they still have Calvin Pace starting, so yeah they could use some edge help. Floyd would be a nice addition, he should be able to get after the passer easily with the defensive front he’d have in front of him in New York. His high motor and athleticism will make the Jets defense that much better.