Hometown: Houston, Texas
High School: Houston Westside
Recruitment: 4-Star Recruit by ESPN, 4-Star recruit byScout
Injuries/Discipline: Sprained MCL in 2014.
40 Yard Dash: 5.27
Bench Reps: 24
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.75
2015: Played all 13 games at right guard.
2014: Played 11 games at right tackle
2013: Played all 13 games at right tackle
• Perfect body for offensive line.
• Excellent length
• Good weight distribution throughout.
• Has surprising athleticism.
• Excellent punch, uses his hands well.
• Good foot quickness to mirror rushers.
• Adapts well to pass rushing moves.
• Good movement off the ball in the run game.
• Excellent body control
• Very competitive. Finishes his blocks.
• Needs to play with better leverage
• Can be overaggressive
• Tries to get to the 2nd level too quickly.
• Lunges forward and loses balance.
• Needs to be more patient.
• Can lose his block on stunts.
I really am a big fan of Germain Ifedi, but I wouldn't draft him as a tackle. He's done a fine job at right tackle over the last two years, but I think he needs to be pushed inside to really make progress. He has the natural ability, size and competitiveness to become a dominant inside blocker, and I feel as though that's where his future lies.
I think Germaine just needs to get into a good system with a good coach, and he'll flourish in the 2nd year. He has bags of natural talent but his problem comes with leverage and not understanding how important it is to play with a strong base. This all comes down to patience, he doesn't allow the block to develop, and he always tries to push through. Again that's something that a good coach can correct quickly.
At the moment he's likely a 2nd or 3rd round prospect.
Draft Grade: 70
90-100 = Exceptional Talent
80-90 = Impact Player
70-80 = NFL Starter
60-70 = Solid NFL Potential
50-60 = Draftable - Lot of work needed
>50 = Undraftable, - Long Shot To Stick