Attention, best Jets community on the 'net. Shortly we will be conducting a community mock draft, and we want all of you fine people to join... well at least as many of you fine people as this exercise will allow. This is the sign up thread and the mock will commence on MONDAY, MARCH 28, AT 12:00 AM, meaning whoever picks the Titans will be on the clock. The rules for the mock draft are as follows:
1. No one is the Jets. I'm the Jets. Part of the purpose of this is to study and know a different team around the league. Everyone knows the Jets needs, what they have, what young guys are good or stink, etc. Learn that for another team.
2. You will have 24 hours from the previous selection to make your selection. If you do not pick within those 24 hours, the next team is on the clock. If you do blow the deadline, you may send in your pick at any time (like the real draft). If 3 picks pass before you are able to make a pick, then the draft will be frozen and there will be a short community run off about who the pick should be. Long story short: Please don't sign up unless you will be able to at least have a cursory glance at GGN on a daily basis.
3. Trades are allowed. You can trade current year picks, next year's picks, and players. You cannot trade picks beyond next year, so no dealing your 2020 second round pick to move back into the first round. A fan post will be set up for all trade chatter to occur. If both parties agree to a trade, email the details to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a trade is absolutely ludicrous, it will be vetoed. Also be mindful of how the trading of a player effects the cap. I'm not asking that anyone be an expert capologist, but at least know the ramifications of the move, and if it is not cap compliant for your team's cap it will be rejected.
4. No releasing players. You can't go "well, I really want to take Jared Goff, so I'm just going to cut Blake Bortles" or anything like that. You can trade a player, but again it has to make sense and be a realistic haul.
5. In the end, each person will be graded on their haul. The criteria will be as follows:
- Value of the pick
- Immediate impact
- Future impact
- If you made a trade, how favorable the haul for the trade was
Grading will be pretty holistic and not depend on how good the players you drafted are. Obviously, the user that picks with Tennessee, who drafts 1st and 33rd, will get better players than the Broncos who draft 31st and 63rd. That doesn't matter. What we're looking at is how well you did relatively to your circumstances. Furthermore, trades are not looked upon as favorable or unfavorable. If you stand pat and make your selections where you are, you can get a higher grade than someone who wheeled and dealed all over the place. Again, it's about how good, logical, and helpful the moves were. The winner gets bragging rights and who knows, maybe something else. This is not an offer and does not constitute a contract.*
6. We will initially schedule this for 2 rounds so that every team gets an opportunity to make a selection. If this moves quickly enough and there is momentum, we will go to a 3rd round.
7. Sign ups are first come, first serve. If you know that you do not regularly come here and will likely miss your selection, however, I ask that you don't sign up. Not trying to be harsh, just trying to make this run smoothly.
Here is the draft order for round 1:
1. Tennessee Titans- westcoastjet
2. Cleveland Browns- Matt31
3. San Diego Chargers- NJHockey8
4. Dallas Cowboys- iamtheboag
5. Jacksonville Jaguars- Ram Sinha
6. Baltimore Ravens- bleedsgreen4life
7. San Francisco 49ers- riverside the great
8. Philadelphia Eagles- McDanglez
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- SioneBAAOOOHA
10. New York Giants- MachlinT
11. Chicago Bears- Ponti
12. New Orleans Saints- zenpo
13. Miami Dolphins- NickSeliga
14. Oakland Raiders- DMAC17
15. Los Angeles Rams- Can't!Wait
16. Detroit Lions- beeteegee19
17. Atlanta Falcons- demercules
18. Indianapolis Colts- M I K E
19. Buffalo Bills- blood.jets.tears
20. New York Jets- J-NASTY (yeah thats me)/Staff? (though staff can sign up too)
21. Washington Redskins- superhuman
22. Houston Texans- Fly like a jet
23. Minnesota Vikings- Coffee91
24. Cincinnati Bengals- Ishan G
25. Pittsburgh Steelers- jmcmahon34
26. Seattle Seahawks- Pc1167
27. Green Bay Packers- Crawdady
28. Kansas City Chiefs- jetstothesb
29. Arizona Cardinals- jeffg928
30. Carolina Panthers- Feast for Cro(martie)s
31. Denver Broncos- onecrazymoflo
Teams without a first round pick:
New England Patriots (deflategate)- Middlesex
Teams without a second round pick:
Arizona Cardinals (traded to NE for Chandler Jones)
Philadelphia Eagles (traded to LA Rams for Sam Bradford)
Sign up and let's me this a fun thing for everyone.
Hat tip to Mike Mayock for unwittingly being the face of our mock draft.