Robert Griffin III visited the Jets for two days, but Kimberly Martin reports the quarterback left Florham Park without being offered a contract.
As Newsday reported, the plan all along was for the former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year to fly in for a two-day visit. And by Saturday afternoon, he was gone. He left the facility without a deal.
Dom Cosentino says Griffin is not a priority for the team.
A person with knowledge of the situation had told NJ Advance Media the Jets' look-see with Griffin, the embattled former Washington quarterback, was merely due diligence. The Jets' priority, this person said, was still to get a deal done with last year's starting quarterback, Ryan Fitzpatrick. But they've now at least gathered some up-close intelligence on Griffin in case they need a contingency.
If the team was comfortable with Griffin as a viable alternative, it would seem like an offer would have been made. We will get more clarity in the days and weeks to come.