Here is a roundup of where recent mock drafts have the Jets looking.
20. New York Jets — Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott
What a nice coup this would be. Landing the draft’s top back, one who has few if any holes in his game, would be ideal for a team that wants to win with defense and the run game but with more speed. As great as Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker are, and as good a season as Chris Ivory had running the ball, Elliott would add a different dimension to this offense that has been missing.
20. N.Y. Jets (10-6) – Jaylon Smith, OLB, Notre Dame, Jr.
The Jets simply take the best player available, gambling Smith will return from injury without any issues. The first team AP All-American is a special athlete for the position. He is equally adept at dropping into coverage, against the run or rushing the passer. I can't imagine he falls out of the first round assuming his recovery goes as planned. Top needs: OL, pass rusher, TE
51. N.Y. Jets – Connor Cook, QB, Michigan St., Sr.
83. N.Y. Jets – Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech, Sr.
115. N.Y. Jets - Aaron Burbridge, WR, Michigan St., Sr.