Hometown: Miami, Florida
High School: Miami (FL) Central
Recruitment: 5 Stars
2015/2016 First-team All-American
2015 Jim Brown Award
2015/2016 First-team All-ACC
2014 ACC Champion
2014 ACC Championship Game MVP
Florida State Single Season Rushing Yards Leader
Florida State Career Rushing Yards Leader
Weight: 213 lb's
Projected 40: 4.46
2016: 288 rushes, 1765 yards, 19 touchdowns, 33 receptions, 488 yards, 1 TD
2015: 229 rushes, 1691 yards, 19 touchdowns, 24 receptions, 244 yards, 1 TD
2014: 170 rushes, 1008 yards, 8 touchdowns, 22 receptions, 203 yards, 0 TD
- Extremely productive in college.
- Fights for every single yard, tough with the ball in his hands.
- Good acceleration and open field speed.
- Excellent patience to let blocks develop and holes to open.
- Excellent cutting ability, and very quick feet.
- High football IQ and reads the game very well.
- Plays with excellent balance.
- Very good stiff-arm to ensure maximum yardage, punished sloppy tacklers.
- 3 down back who shows soft hands when catching out the backfield.
- Creates his own yards on the inside and perimeter.
- Developed a reputation as a big-game player in college.
- Can play and excel in any blocking system.
- Accused of misdemeanour battery in 2015. Found not guilty.
- Has had some fumbling issues (6 in 2016)
- Pass protection needs some work, doesn't use leverage.
- Doesn't always carry the ball properly which leads to fumbles.
- Can be caught from behind on occasions, doesn't have elite speed.
If anyone watched the Florida State/Michigan game last night, you would have got a good look at Cook. He torched the Wolverines for 145 yards and 1 touchdown on just 20 carries (7.3 yard average), he also caught 3 passses for 62 yards (20.7 average). Cook is one of the best players in college football and personally I see him as a true 3 down back in the NFL. His pass protection needs a little work, but his ability to create yards and be patient with his blockers, while also showing soft hands out of the backfield make him a top 10 selection. He's the epitome of a game-changer, and a player that any fan base can get excited about heading into 2017. He has explosive talent without having explosive speed, the Jets should take a long hard look at him, and I personally would love to see him on the Jets next year.
Draft Round Prediction: Round 1 (Top 10)