With the Jets' first road game of the season coming up, I've prepared my next batch of bold predictions. For those who don't remember, I was an impressive 5 for 5 at making incorrect predictions last week. Jeff Cumberland did come as close to pancaking a Browns rusher as the laws of the universe will allow though, so I'll take that as a win for my bonus prediction. Disclaimer: A Bold Prediction is something that is neither probable nor impossible. Bold Predictions are not meant to be likely to happen, but they must be achievable. Predicting that Zac Stacy will run for 500 yards this week is not a Bold Prediction. Claiming that Brandon Marshall will have at least 1 reception is also not a Bold Prediction. Predicting that Ryan Fitzpatrick leading the NFL in passer rating this week, on the other hand, certainly qualifies (any week.) Bold Predictions are unlikely, but possible. Here are mine:
1) Andrew Luck does not have a single passing touchdown against the Jets' defense.
2) Two Jets running backs outgain Frank Gore.
3) Ryan Fitzpatrick posts a higher passer rating than Andrew Luck.
4) Leonard Williams gets his first NFL sack against Luck, forcing a fumble which is recovered by the Jets.
5) The Jets do not have a single 3 and out in the first half.
Bonus Prediction: Pryor lays the lumber on a Colt causing in an injury timeout.
What about you? What are your Bold Predictions for the Jets against the Browns?