It's time to get bold about the 2015 Jets. Let's put together some Bold Predictions for this season. Disclaimer: A Bold Prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold Predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be virtually impossible. Saying that Chris Ivory will run for 4300 yards and 48 touchdowns is not a Bold Prediction, nor is saying that Muhammad Wilkerson will get 5+ sacks. By definition, Bold Predictions are unlikely, but not impossible, to occur.
So let's get to it.
1. The Jets will finish in the top five in the NFL in terms of least sacks allowed for the season.
2. The Jets defense will finish in the top three in both yards and points allowed (not counting points given up by the offense or special teams, such as pick sixes or kickoff return TDs).
3. The Jets will have two 1000 yard receivers for the first time since Wayne Chrebet and Keyshawn Johnson pulled it off in 1998.
4. The Jets will make the playoffs for the first time since 2010.
5. Chris Ivory will rush for more yards in 2015 than any player in Jets history other than Curtis Martin.
And a bonus prediction: the Jets will finish ahead of the Patriots in the final regular season standings.
What about you? What are your Bold Predictions for the Jets in 2015?