Football Outsiders put together a list of defensive broken tackles in 2014.
Here are some of the highlights as it pertains to the Jets:
- Antonio Allen and Antonio Cromartie were among defenders who had 10 tackles broken on them.
- With 10 broken tackles and 45 tackles made, Cromartie's 18.2% broken tackle rate was 10th worst among defensive backs.
- On the other side of the ledger, Darrelle Revis had only 1 tackle broken on him. When factored along with his 45 tackles, his 2.2% broken tackle rate was third best among defensive backs.
- As a team, the Jets ranked in a four-way tie at 13th best with a 6.7% broken tackle rate.
- Todd Bowles' Arizona team ranked 5th worst with an 8.1% rate.
Such an isolated stat doesn't tell us a whole lot. At cornerback, tackling matters, but it is far behind covering receiver in importance. The information here was interesting, though, so I thought I would share it.