Workouts get underway tomorrow for the Combine, but in the interim, we have the Group 1 (OL and TE) and Group 2 (QB, RB, WR) guys getting measured up. Just to point out some of the notable measurements.
- Dorial Green-Beckham measured out at 6-5, 237 pounds. This is just one pound off from Megatron at his Combine. He also had solidly long 32 1/2" arms. He's at least sized up like Kelvin Benjamin.
- Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota wound up pretty close. Both checked in at 6-3. Mariota came in at 222 pounds, Winston at 231.
- Trenton Brown, the offensive guard from Florida, is a massive, massive person. He checked in at 6-8, 355 pounds, with 36 inch arms and nearly 11 inch hands (10 7/8"). This led or tied for the lead amongst all offensive linemen in each of those categories.
- Some good size out of the top TE prospects this year, with Maxx Williams measuring out at 6-4, 249, and Nick O'Leary coming in at 6-3, 252. Blake Bell, the former Oklahoma QB known as the Belldozer, came in at 6-6, 250.
- TJ Yeldon weighed in at a solid 226 pounds. Gurley and Gordon display good size at 222 and 215, respectively, and show no reasons in measurements why they aren't the top 2 backs in the draft.
- It seems Amari Cooper has been hitting the weight room- he weighed in at 211 after being listed at 203 at Alabama.
- Darren Waller from Georgia Tech looks to be the next in the long line of freakishly large Georgia Tech receivers. He measured out at a whopping 6-6, 238. Jaelen Strong may have been a bit disappointing by measuring in at 6-2.
Workouts begin proper tomorrow for the OL and TEs.