I came extremely close will multiple predictions last week. The Jets gave up 1 sack when I predicted none. Two Jets had 50 yards and a touchdown while a third ended up 17 yards short. That's what happens when you go bold. I have no regrets. Disclaimer: A Bold Prediction is something that is neither probable nor impossible. Bold Predictions are not meant to be likely to happen, but they must be achievable. Predicting that Zac Stacy will run for 500 yards this week is not a Bold Prediction. Claiming that Brandon Marshall will have at least 1 reception is also not a Bold Prediction. Predicting that Ryan Fitzpatrick leading the NFL in passer rating this week, on the other hand, certainly qualifies (any week.) Bold Predictions are unlikely, but possible. Here are mine:
1) Chris Ivory doubles his career receiving touchdown numbers by catching 2 against the Giants.
2) The Jets rush for over 200 yards and 2 touchdowns.
3) Despite the loss of Revis, Eli Manning throws more interceptions than touchdowns and fails to reach a passer rating of 80.
4) The Jets sack Eli Manning at least 5 times with at least 4 players tallying half a sack or more.
5) Brandon Marshall becomes the first Jet receiver in over 5 years to reach 1000 receiving yards, and he does it in style: with a touchdown.
Bonus Prediction: Snoopy will be referenced no fewer than 8 times.
What about you? What are your Bold Predictions for the Jets against the Giants?