Despite a total meltdown last week, I actually got a bold prediction right. In fact, it was the boldest of them all. A tight end caught a touchdown pass; I nearly fainted. Disclaimer: A Bold Prediction is something that is neither probable nor impossible. Bold Predictions are not meant to be likely to happen, but they must be achievable. Predicting that Zac Stacy will run for 500 yards this week is not a Bold Prediction. Claiming that Brandon Marshall will have at least 1 reception is also not a Bold Prediction. Predicting that Ryan Fitzpatrick leading the NFL in passer rating this week, on the other hand, certainly qualifies (any week.) Bold Predictions are unlikely, but possible. Here are mine:
1) Fitzpatrick shows that left hands are unnecessary, throwing for 300 yards and 2 scores.
2) Zac Stacy will run for 500 yards this wee....I mean over 100 yards.
3) A Jets defensive lineman will record an interception.
4) The Jets are at least +4 in the turnover margin after being -2 over the last two weeks.
5) Blake Bortles is sacked 5 times, including a fumble that is returned for a touchdown.
Bonus Prediction: Geno Smith does not play, but appears on camera at least 5 times.
What about you? What are your Bold Predictions for the Jets against the Jaguars?