Lately, there has been a rash of inappropriate comments that we've had to delete and give warnings for. We welcome your comments and FanPosts/FanShots, but we need to remind everyone of our Community Guidelines. Learn it, live it, love it (or something like that). Here are some of the important parts:
- No derogatory comments regarding race, religion, creed, or sexual orientation allowed.
- Avoid discussing politics on the site.
- No personal attacks on other members allowed.
- Absolutely no threats against members or their families (or members of the New York Jets and other teams).
- Profanities should be kept to a minimum. There are a lot of children who read the site. There’s a difference between typing out an expletive in the heat of the moment in a game thread when someone throws an interception or fumbles a ball and dropping an f-bomb every other word. Excessive use of profanity can result in disciplinary action.
- Disagreements should be done in respectful fashion. Attack an argument, not the person.
- Rules are subject to change at the administrators’ discretion at any time.
- There are no loopholes. You know what you should and shouldn’t be doing on the site. You can face disciplinary action if you do something inappropriate that isn’t specifically listed here. This isn’t a court of law. We reserve the right to discipline people and remove comments and posts as we see fit. This is not a democracy; it's a dictatorship.
Please remember to lay off personal attacks. Disagree with somebody's argument all you want, but keep it civil. Don't attack others or their motives. Don't threaten them. Don't call them names. We have a pretty slow trigger with banning here aside from obvious trolls, but I want the stuff I just mentioned to end. There are consequences for your actions. I'm not singling anybody out. I'm just saying something to keep in mind. The rules apply to everybody.
Please be careful with profanity. While it's not necessarily forbidden in all circumstances, it needs to be kept to a minimum. We're not your mother, but children read this site. If you can't make a point without using profanity, you probably don't have much of a point. Please watch your language.
Please be respectful when you visit the sites of other teams. Do not start fights. Do not do things that you know will provoke others. Saying something negative about another team on GGN is one thing. Doing it on their site is a very bad thing. We don't like it when other fans come here to trash the Jets. You are their guest. Again, it reflects poorly on the site.
I also encourage you to check out our FanPost/FanShot guide if you want to write your own articles. Please e-mail us if you have a problem or question, which you can get from the masthead.