Scott Salmon originated this feature on GGN, but the Big Fish has decided to pass the Bold Predictions torch to me. So going forward you can expect 5 Bold Smackdad Predictions on a weekly basis.
Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Geno Smith is going to throw for 162 yards and one touchdown is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Chris Johnson will run for 423 yards and eight touchdowns. By definition, Bold Predictions are unlikely, but possible, to occur. Since this is a Jets site, they are also pro-Jets predictions. As always, the Final Score prediction is meant to be realistic, not a Bold Prediction.
Here are my five bold predictions for Sunday's game:
1. The Sons plus Coples will combine for 5 sacks, including a strip sack and a fumble recovery.
2. Chris Johnson will top 140 yards from scrimmage.
3. Jets TEs will combine for more than 100 yards receiving and 2 TDs.
4. Darrin Walls will get a Pick 6, and he will hold the WRs he covers to 3 or fewer catches and 30 or fewer yards.
5. The much maligned pass defense will notch not one, not two, but three interceptions.
And a bonus prediction: Kyle Wilson will look back.
Final Score: Jets 31, Raiders 13.
What are your bold predictions for the game?