It's time for some Bold Predictions for the Jets season. These are a little different from the weekly Bold Predictions. These will focus on the entire season, not just one game. So let's get to it.
Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Geno Smith is going to throw for 3300 yards and 14 touchdowns is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Chris Johnson will run for 2423 yards and 43 touchdowns. By definition, Bold Predictions are unlikely, but possible, to occur. Since this is a Jets site, they are also pro-Jets predictions.
Here are my five bold predictions for this season:
1. Geno Smith will break Joe Namath's franchise record for passing yards in a season.
2. Jets TEs will combine for more yards and more TDs than Eric Decker and any other Jets receiver not named Kerley combined.
3. Calvin Pryor will end the season with more sacks than Quinton Coples.
4. Darrin Walls will end the season as a top 25 CB in terms of passer rating against.
5. The Jets offense will finish in the top 10 in yards for the first time since the 1998 Vinny and the Jets team.
And a bonus prediction: Jalen Saunders will at some point in the season run toward the correct goalpost while returning a punt.
What are your bold predictions for the season?