Last season, we had weekly bold predictions, which were pretty well received. We will have those same predictions this year as well, however we would like to throw in some season-long predictions as well.
Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probably to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Rex Ryan will eat a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Calvin Pace will have fifteen tackles-for-loss, eight sacks, and five interceptions. By definition, bold predictions are unlikely, but possible, to occur.
With that said, here are our bold predictions for the upcoming New York Jets season.
Scott Salmon's Bold Predictions:
1. Geno Smith will start every game this season, barring injury, and will prove he is the franchise quarterback the team has been looking for since Joe Namath.
2. The team will end up second in the division, winning four divisional games.
3. Quinton Coples will have double-digit sacks, leading the team.
Smackdad's Bold Predictions:
1. The team will have a top 10 offense for the first time since 1998.
2. Geno Smith will break the franchise records for passes attempted, passes completed, and passing yards.
3. The team's running backs will combine for 90+ receptions and 800+ yards. Collectively they will be more productive than any individual Jets receiver.