Ladies, gents, not so gents and yokels of all ages, welcome to the eternally exciting Thread about Nothing. You've got a great TAN, man. Today's songs are brought to you by me, because I HAVE THE POWER. THE POWER OF VOLUNTEERING. I'm going to start you off with a classic by a largely forgotten but always excellent musical comedian, Tom Lehrer. In addition to being a genuinely hilarious performer whom I urge you to check out on the youtubes, he is also a very smart and clever man. I will then close it with a little hype music to welcome in the new football season. Brahms it ain't , but it'll do!
Now, on to the rules.
1) Don't be stupid. No politics, no excessive swearing, and no cursing out other people. No porn. No graphic violence/ gore. Period.
2) The mods have ultimate, mind boggling authority. Sp0rtsfan86 and I are the TAN mods. If we say drop it, let it go. Same goes for any other mod/editor. Don't argue with us. We have final say, period. We like drama on TV not on GGN.
3) Avoid joking at someone else's expense. Joking is fine, but there is a line. Don't cross it. Don't engage in personal attacks or insults. Don't be the know it all. Have fun, be friendly
4) Arguments are not what the TAN is about. It's about
acknowledging the awesome mightiness of the mods being friendly, getting to know everyone and conversation. Try to see the other person's point of view. Nothing wrong with disagreement, but don't resort to personal attacks and insults. Attacking the reasoning is fine; attacking the person is not.
5) Do not talk ill of others, especially those that are not TANNERS. If somebody you miss hasn't been around, say you miss them, express your concern for them, but do not criticize them for not being around.
6) If a topic is borderline we will warn you. Do not argue. Accept it and move on.
7) Enjoy the TAN, enjoy the internet friends you've met. Enjoy the fact you can rant about work, school, etc. on GGN. Enjoy the cat pics.
Tell everyone you know or hope to know how wonderful Smackdad is. Other sites don't have threads like this. ENJOY THE TAN!
8) If there is a problem email sp0rtsfan86 at firstname.lastname@example.org or Smackdad at email@example.com. We'll try to work something out so that we don't have issues. We promise you will remain anonymous.
Now go forth, and have fun!
Tom Lehrer - The Elements - LIVE FILM From Copenhagen in 1967 (via The Tom Lehrer Wisdom Channel)
NFL Football TV theme songs (via loftusa86)