Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probably to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Rex Ryan will eat a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Calvin Pace will have fifteen tackles-for-loss, eight sacks, and five interceptions. By definition, bold predictions are unlikely, but possible, to occur.
Scott Salmon's Bold Predictions:
1. Stephen Hill has 8+ catches for 150+ yards and two touchdowns.
2. Damon Harrison has two sacks and a safety.
3. Antonio Allen picks Jake Locker off for the first time this season, returning it for a touchdown.
Smackdad's Bold Predictions:
1. Jeff Cumberland breaks out for the best game of his short career, catching passes for 80+ yards and taking at least one in for a TD.
2. Alex Green amasses 80+ yards from scrimmage and catches more passes than both Jeremy Kerley and Santonio Holmes.
3. Darrin Walls celebrates his first NFL start by limiting his assignment to 40 or less yards receiving and zero TDs, and picks up his first NFL INT.
Last Week's (Mostly) Correct Predictions:
Last week, I predicted that Chris Ivory would break 100+ yards. If only I had written Bilal Powell. I also correctly predicted that Geno Smith would show E.J. Manuel how a game-winning touchdown drive is done, and Smith didn't let me down with a strike to Santonio Holmes (alright, so it wasn't at the very end of the game... it was still the game-winning drive). Smackdad had some excellent predictions. He correctly said that Mario Williams would have zero sacks and two or less tackles (had had both). He stated that Stevie Johnson would be held to 50 yards or less and zero touchdowns (for the first time this season. He was held to 84 yards and zero touchdowns. Smackdad was also closer when it came to the score prediction. While the final score was 27-20, Jets, Smackdad predicted 24-16.
(Realistic) Final Score Predictions:
Scott - Jets 19, Titans 13
Smackdad - Jets 24, Titans 6