Welcome to the TAN, the infamous Thread About Nothing, Rosalita edition. In honor of my high school alma mater, which I share with the Boss, I bring you Rosalita. My high school chemistry teacher used to revel in telling the story of how the Boss was a terrible chemistry student. The teacher would call him out, telling him "Mr. Springsteen, you'll never amount to anything with your attitude and work ethic in this class." As my teacher always ended the tale, predictions are hard, especially about the future.
Now, on to the rules.
1) Don't be stupid. No politics, no excessive swearing, and no cursing out other people. No porn. No graphic violence/ gore. Period.
2) The mods have ultimate, mind boggling authority. Sp0rtsfan86 and I are the TAN mods. If we say drop it, let it go. Same goes for any other mod/editor. Don't argue with us. We have final say, period. We like drama on TV not on GGN.
3) Avoid joking at someone else's expense. Joking is fine, but there is a line. Don't cross it. Don't engage in personal attacks or insults. Don't be the know it all. Have fun, be friendly
4) Arguments are not what the TAN is about. It's about
acknowledging the awesome mightiness of the mods being friendly, getting to know everyone and conversation. Try to see the other person's point of view. Nothing wrong with disagreement, but don't resort to personal attacks and insults. Attacking the reasoning is fine; attacking the person is not.
5) Do not talk ill of others, especially those that are not TANNERS. If somebody you miss hasn't been around, say you miss them, express your concern for them, but do not criticize them for not being around.
6) If a topic is borderline we will warn you. Do not argue. Accept it and move on.
7) Enjoy the TAN, enjoy the internet friends you've met. Enjoy the fact you can rant about work, school, etc. on GGN. Enjoy the cat pics.
Tell everyone you know or hope to know how wonderful Smackdad is. Other sites don't have threads like this. ENJOY THE TAN!
8) If there is a problem email sp0rtsfan86 at firstname.lastname@example.org or Smackdad at email@example.com. We'll try to work something out so that we don't have issues. We promise you will remain anonymous.
In the meantime ENJOY THE TAN!
And now, Rosalita!
Bruce Springsteen - Rosalita - State College - 11/1/12 (via purenyyankee)