According to our friend Jake Steinberg:
The #Jets will not receive any Compensatory Draft Picks. #nyj— Jake Steinberg (@Steiny31) February 14, 2013
This isn't a huge shock. I'm going to quote The Jets Blog here on why none of our free agents from last year netted us compensatory draft picks:
- Mark Brunell, LaDainian Tomlinson and Donald Strickland were not picked up by another team.
- Michael Campbell, Brodney Pool and Jamaal Westerman did not remain with the team who signed them.
- Ropati Pitoitua was cut rather than having his contract expire, so he is not a qualifying UFA.
- Nick Folk, Sione Po’uha and Bryan Thomas were retained.
- Marquice Cole and Matt Mulligan were RFAs (as were Aaron Maybin and Patrick Turner, who were retained anyway).
- Plaxico Burress, Kevin O’Connell and Jim Leonhard were not signed until after the free agent signing period ended.
That leaves one potentially qualifying UFA: Robert Turner.
Turner is a decent backup, but not worth compensatory picks. It's a bit disappointing since we need all the picks we can get, but as I stated, it's not a surprise.