Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Rex Ryan will eat a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Calvin Pace will have fifteen tackles-for-loss, eight sacks, and five interceptions. By definition, bold predictions are unlikely, but possible, to occur.
Scott Salmon's Bold Predictions:
1. Stephen Hill catches a ball.
2. Geno Smith doesn't throw an interception.
3. The Jets run defense holds the Raiders to under 25 yards rushing.
Smackdad's Bold Predictions:
1. Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley and Stephen Hill combine for 200+ yards receiving and 2 TDs.
2. Darius Reynaud takes one back for a TD.
3. Sheldon Richardson hoggs the spotlight with 2 sacks while also scoring his first NFL TD.
Last Week's (Mostly) Correct Predictions:
Last week I stated that Quinton Coples would have two sacks. He had one sack, so I was half right. That, uh, was about it.
(Realistic) Final Score Predictions:
Scott - Jets 10, Raiders 6
Smackdad - Jets 24, Raiders 13