Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Rex Ryan will eat a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Calvin Pace will have fifteen tackles-for-loss, eight sacks, and five interceptions. By definition, bold predictions are unlikely, but possible, to occur.
With that said, here are our bold predictions for tomorrow's game between the New York Jets and the Carolina Panthers:
Scott Salmon's Bold Predictions:
1. A defensive slugfest ends with neither team rushing more than 50 yards.
2. Sheldon Richardson shows up Star Lotulelei with five tackles-for-loss, four quarterback hurries, three quarterback hits, two nasty sacks, and a partridge in a pear tree.
3. Geno Smith begins to show more improvement and throws for 331+ yards, setting a career high.
Smackdad's Bold Predictions:
1. Santonio Holmes backs up his reckless pre-game chatter and exposes the Panthers' weak link secondary to the tune of 100+ yards and a touchdown.
2. Quinton Coples has his first two sack day since October 2012.
3. Geno Smith runs for more yards and passes for more yards than Cam Newton.
Last Week's (Mostly) Correct Predictions:
Although the Jets won in convincing fashion, we didn't get any bold predictions correct. We did both predict the Jets would win, although Smackdad had it by a closer score (24-13).
(Realistic) Final Score Predictions:
Scott - Jets 27, Panthers 10
Smackdad - Panthers 34, Jets 10