Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Rex Ryan will eat a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Calvin Pace will have fifteen tackles-for-loss, eight sacks, and five interceptions. By definition, bold predictions are unlikely, but possible, to occur.
Scott Salmon's Bold Predictions:
1. Quinton Coples makes his presence felt with two sacks.
2. As with last year, Tannehill is knocked out of the game, this time by an angry Muhammad Wilkerson.
3. Ed Reed records his first interception with the Jets.
Smackdad's Bold Predictions:
1. The Jets expose problems of Dolphins on land, holding the Fins ground game below 35 yards on the day.
2. The Jets hold Ryan Tannehill under a 35 passer rating.
3. Bilal Powell carries the load in place of hobbled Chris Ivory, recording 120+ yards from scrimmage for only the second time in his career.
4. (BONUS!) After the game the Phinsider runs a front page article explaining how it's OK that they lost because they all really hate the Jets, Jets fans, GGN in particular, and Bro Namath in particular in particular. And they're so much smarter, funnier, less abrasive, less sensitive, more articulate, more tolerant, better master debaters, better mannered, more sophisticated, better groomed, have bigger ... err....bank accounts, and have hotter girlfriends than every Jets fan other than Scott Salmon, who of course is an honorary fish, an unquestioned genius, a really swell guy and dates supermodels.
Last Week's (Mostly) Correct Predictions:
Last week I stated that Antonio Allen would come down with an interception. He was actually pretty close but the interception went right through his arms. Smackdad predicted that the Jets would hold Ray Rice to 25 rushing yards or less, and he was close, as Rice was held to 30 yards. As for our realistic final score predictions, we were both close as the Jets lost 19-3. As I predicted, the team was unable to contain Torrey Smith and as Smackdad predicted, the Jets were shut out in the second half.
(Realistic) Final Score Predictions:
Scott - Dolphins 14, Jets 10. In a defensively-dominated game, Mike Wallace is able to score the big play against Antonio Cromartie for the win.
Smackdad - Jets 27, Dolphins 10. Jets shut out the Fins in the second half.