Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probably to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Rex Ryan will eat a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Calvin Pace will have fifteen tackles-for-loss, eight sacks, and five interceptions. By definition, bold predictions are unlikely, but possible, to occur.
With that said, here are our bold predictions for tomorrow's game between the New York Jets and the Cincinnati Bengals.
Scott Salmon's Bold Predictions:
1. David Nelson follows up last week's excellent game with another stunner, catching 6+ passes for 100+ yards.
2. Antonio Allen follows up his pick-six from last week by picking off Little Red Riding Hood twice.
3. Mike Nugent completely freezes against his former team and misses three field goal attempts.
Smackdad's Bold Predictions:
1. Demario Davis does double digits for the first time, registering 11+ tackles/assists, a couple of tackles for loss and his first career INT.
2. Kenrick Ellis reminds people why we drafted him, picking up his first NFL sack, forcing a fumble and registering 6+ tackles/assists.
3. Kyle Wilson registers his first INT of the year and holds his opponent to 2 or less receptions for 25 yards or less.
Last Week's (Mostly) Correct Predictions:
Last week I said that Chris Ivory would finally break out, and I was correct with over thirty carries for over a hundred yards. Smackdad stated that Geno Smith would have more yards per attempt, more touchdowns, and a higher quarterback rating than Tom Brady, and he did. Smackdad also predicted a touchdown on defense and special teams, and he got the defensive touchdown correct.
(Realistic) Final Score Predictions:
Scott - Jets 19, Bengals 13. An overtime touchdown seals the deal.
Smackdad - Bengals 20, Jets 13.