Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probably to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Rex Ryan will eat a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Calvin Pace will have fifteen tackles-for-loss, eight sacks, and five interceptions. By definition, bold predictions are unlikely, but possible, to occur.
Scott Salmon's Bold Predictions:
1. Zach Sudfeld embarrasses the Patriots for cutting him by throwing down 75+ receiving yards and a touchdown over Devin McCourty.
2. Julian Edelman is limited to just three receptions for minimal gain by blanket coverage, courtesy of Kyle Wilson.
3. Chris Ivory finally breaks out against a weakened Patriots defensive core, leaping over at least one defender and dragging three others for a first down.
Smackdad's Bold Predictions:
1. The Jets hold the Patriots under 50 rushing yards and no Patriot player rushes for more than 25 yards.
2. Geno Smith has more yards per attempt, more touchdowns, and a higher quarterback rating than Tom Brady.
3. The Jets score a touchdown on both defense and special teams.
Last Week's (Mostly) Correct Predictions:
We were pretty wrong last week on almost all accounts. The closest we got was that Smackdad predicted Jaiquawn Jarrett would have a safety. Muhammad Wilkerson almost had a safety, so I guess that's...not really close.
(Realistic) Final Score Predictions:
Scott - Patriots 14, Jets 13. I want to feel good about this game considering how banged up the Patriots are, but I just have this nagging feeling that the Jets still won't be able to put it together. I hope I'm wrong.
Smackdad - Jets 20, Patriots 16. Smith leaves the field wagging his finger; shades of Joe Willie, January 1969.