Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probably to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Rex Ryan will eat a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Calvin Pace will have fifteen tackles-for-loss, eight sacks, and five interceptions. By definition, bold predictions are unlikely, but possible, to occur.
With that said, here are our bold predictions for tomorrow's game between the New York Jets and the Pittsburgh Steelers:
Scott Salmon's Bold Predictions:
1. Zach Sudfeld records his first NFL touchdown, then scores another for good measure.
2. Kyle Wilson steps up big time with a pick-six of good ol' Big Ben Roethlisberger.
3. Tommy Bohanon scores his first touchdown of the season, on a fifteen yard catch and run that involves two broken tackles.
Smackdad's Bold Predictions:
1. The Jets defense holds the Steelers to 30 yards rushing or less.
2. Jaquawn Jarrett gets the majority of snaps at safety for the second consecutive week and responds by leading the Jets in tackles and recording his first NFL interception.
3. Stephen Hill hangs 120 yards and a pair of touchdowns on the Steelers.
Last Week's (Mostly) Correct Predictions:
Last week, I predicted that Geno Smith would throw for 300+ yards and three touchdowns. Instead, he threw for 199 yards and three touchdowns. Smackdad predicted that Jeff Cumberland would finally get a big role and have 5+ passes for 90+ yards and a touchdown. Cumberland caught three balls for 79 yards and a touchdown, so he was kinda right. Smackdad also predicted that Roddy White would be limited to three catches or less for 35 yards or less and zero touchdowns. White ended up being limited to four catches for 45 yards and no touchdowns.
(Realistic) Final Score Predictions:
Scott - Jets 17, Steelers 13
Smackdad - Steelers 24, Jets 17